Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas fit for a King (or two)

Christmas is upon me whether I'm ready or not. Thankfully, I'm ready. Scott bought our last present yesterday. All, save the a fore mentioned, is wrapped and under the tree. Did I mention that today (technically yesterday) was Scott's last day of school for a whole week and a half!?!? Hallelujah! He needs it more than I do but I'll be glad to have my giant teddy bear around all the same.  Anyway, if you'd like take a gander at what our little castle looks like during the Christmas season scroll on down!

All wrapped up and ready to go!

Wrapping paper compliments of TJ Maxx. Also this may seem lame but I always choose two different wrapping paper designs. One for the guys and one for the gals.

My mom gets us a new ornament each year. S is for Sarah and Scott!

Scott calls this my Charlie Brown Christmas tree. But I like it and besides I needed some Christmasy-ness in our dining room/kitchen! 

We started this tradition last year. We saw off the a little bit of the stump and make it into an ornament for each year. Pretty neat. Can't say we thought of it though. The guy who sold us the tree gave us the idea.

My natural tree in the dining room. I used decorative lights I had around the house instead of Christmas lights, hung pine cones, and used little decorative balls from a bag of potpourri. 


I used some left over balls from the tree and filled in this tea light holder for a Christmas-y feel. Also I found that reindeer in our attic.


The view from the couch. I love coming home to this!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS