Friday, October 19, 2012

30 before I'm 30

It's official, I'm half way to 50 and in the grand scheme of things I'm really close to 30. Since that is the case, I thought I'd make a list of things I want to accomplish before I turn the big 3-0 in five years. I'm not always the greatest at executing list such as these (See Summer Fun List) but I have some time to accomplish this list. So here goes!

  1. Put at least one stamp in my passport
  2. Restore an antique piece of furniture
  3. Read the Bible cover to cover
  4. Visit New York City with Scott (We've never been together) 
  5. Have a kiddo? (Don't get your hopes up! Scott will be in the throws of residency by the time I'm 30!)*
  6. Go on a missions trip
  7. Ride a roller coaster
  8. Make a recipe from the Art of French Cooking 
  9. Sponsor a child 
  10. Run a half marathon? *
  11. Go to the Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington D.C.
  12. Dance in the rain (Ok. I have done this but it's been a long time) 
  13. Visit the Grand Canyon 
  14. Go ice skating 
  15. Give away 30 things that are not clothes
  16. Cut my hair short... really short. 
  17. ROAD TRIP! 
  18. See the Tsavo Lions at the Field Museum. Long story. 
  19. Make our wedding album
  20. Decorate a cake. Like REALLY decorate it. 
  21. Visit Disney World
  22. Decorate our guest room 
  23. Finish Atlas Shrugged
  24. Redo the guest bathroom 
  25. Make a terrarium   
  26. Go to a Major League Baseball game. ( I know, it's sad! I lived in the Atlanta area for 16 years and never saw a Braves game!) 
  27. Read all the Harry Potter books.  
  28. Give blood. 
  29. Try out a new skill... specifically calligraphy  
  30. Learn a Second Language... I understand the likelihood of fluency is slim to none but I would like to know some basics of another language (besides Latin that is... Et Tu Brute?)

Whew! DONE! It was really hard to think of realistic stuff to put on here. I understand this is a list and the point is to cross things off but I don't want to be so absorbed in crossing off items that I miss the journey. Here goes nothing!


* Disclaimer Alert! Things I'm not sure will happen but in an ideal world would. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS