Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Patriotic Fruit Tart... better late than never


For all my devoted readers (aka my mom), I apologize for not sticking to my word and posting recipes.



I meant to post this recipe for Independence Day but, alas, I did not get around to it. Even though I put a patriotic spin on it, its great for anytime in the summer!

Fruit Tart (aka Fruit Pizza)

1 roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese softened
1 cup confectioners sugar
Fruit of choice -  I used blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and red grapes.
1/2 cup white chocolate morsels, melted

Preheat oven as per the instructions on the cookie dough.
Flatten the cookie dough onto a pizza pan, thus making the crust. Bake until firm, let cool.
Meanwhile, combine cream cheese and sugar in bowl, mix well.
Cover the baked cookie with cream cheese mixture and decorate with fruit how you wish.
Melt white chocolate according to instructions on package and drizzle over fruit. (This is what makes it so good!)

Voila! You have a yummy fruit pizza (or tart if you want to sound fancy)!






(This recipe is a combination of a few I found online. I just took what I liked from a couple and made into my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS