Saturday, April 30, 2011

will + kate

Ok. I was (kinda still am) obsessed with the royal wedding. I know some people are haters of the royal fever but how can you not want to watch a fairytale come to life? It's like a Disney princess movie!

A little background on my obsession. I grew up following William and Harry's life. It all started because of my mom. She took off work when Charles and Diana were married. She continued following Diana throughout the rest of Princess Diana's life and that meant I followed it as well. When Princess Diana passed away, which coincidentally was on my sister Katie's eighth birthday, my mother was in tears all day. Needless to say that probably wasn't one of Katie's favorite birthdays! Anyway as soon as William and Kate announced their engagement I was hooked! I read every article on Yahoo about the wedding for months gearing up for the big event. I'm a goober, I know.

In celebration of the royal wedding I threw a party. Well, it wasn't much of party because we were quite bleary eyed and nauseous from awakening at the ungodly hour of 5:45am. I'm no ray of sunshine in the morning as some of you might know. My guests were my mom and Katie. Here are a few pics of our morning.
The real deal.

English tea, English muffins, and marmalade. So English.

Can't have tea without tea cups!
Cheers!

That's about as exciting as our party got but we can say we watched Will and Kate tie the knot in real time. We got to see the dress (uh gorgeous!) hear the vows, the crowds cheering, and watch history in the making while making some memories ourselves.

-Sarah

4 comments:

  1. I was hoping you would include my birthday story. Score!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was totally up as well since 5am! Have an awesome slumber party with some classmates! :D Miss you guys!! Hope to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your mother I loved Princess Diana. I got up early to watch her wedding & kept up with her life. I cried & grieved the day she died. Also, on that same day we took Chad to Louisiana Tech University to college (11 hrs. away)and, to say the least, I was a basket case. Like you I have read & watched everything I could find on Kate & Wills. I got up at 3:45 to watch the wedding & have watched it over & over on whatever channel I can find it on. Truly, a real royal fairy tale this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Wish I could have been at your party with you, Katie & your Mama. However,it was fun talking to all of you on the phone. Love you all,

    Aunt Wanda
    Wanda Victoria Henderson Westmoreland

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS