Tuesday, February 26, 2013

gettin' thrifty with it

Goodwill, oh, Goodwill! Why must I always leave thee empty handed?

Ok, let me just go ahead and put this out there.  It's not because I'm snobby or have high standards, it's because there is literally nothing worth taking home at my local thrift stores.  I read all these blogs and magazines and they talk about all their AWESOME finds at thrift stores. All I ever find are ugly Christmas mugs and faded silk floral arrangements. I have better luck with clothes, it's the home goods section that stinks. I know that the nature of thrift stores is hit and miss but I seem to be missing consistently. Then I went to Goodwill yesterday on a whim and my luck changed. Let's just say I did not leave empty handed! Check out my spoils....


 Sorry for the blurry-ness but if you made out that the sticker says $0.95 you would be absolutely correct!!!! Seriously a complete Apples to Apples came for under a buck! Scott and I love this game but never wanted to spend $20+ on it. 


 Then I found these beauties. I think I got all 3 for under $12 bucks. They were marked down at Goodwill. I didn't know they marked stuff down!

I think I want to hang them somewhere. Kind of along the lines of this: 


   Last but not least, I found these milk glass vases. I think they were $2 a piece. 


I was thinking of using them like this:

 or this:

Do you have good or bad luck at thrift stores?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS