Monday, August 8, 2011

Won't you not be my neighbor

Neighbors... everyone has them and everyone has THAT one. In our case, we have a few and they are up on my nerves. Here is a little background as to why.

In our townhouse complex each building has four units. It's basically divided into four squares. We live in the front left unit. The neighbors in question live on the back right unit and another neighbor lives in another building entirely and even further to the right. They have three cars between them and they park their three cars in front of our house!!! All the while, the spots that are closer to their side of the building go completely unoccupied. I'm not exaggerating. That leaves Scott and I to park four to five spots from our house. They are either big meany pants or completely unaware of their geographical location. Seriously, it takes them longer to walk from our side of the building all the way around to the other side then it would if they parked on their own side!!! I don't think very highly of their manners and/or their intelligence. I know that we sound lazy but it's the principle of the situation. Anyway, this has a funny story at the end of it. No, it's not a hilarious confrontation (though that might be coming soon). It's something Scott said.  A little more of background is needed. Tonight, we are dog sitting my parents dog, Toby. We pulled in this evening and I was having a mini-tantrum about the parking situation. We (really I) started plotting my revenge. One of the more tame schemes has to do with the new sod one of the neighbors put down in their yard. They told us how they just couldn't get their grass to live through the winter (boohoo!) but had hopes for this year. I said we should go park our car on their special sod and see how they like that! (insert evil laugh) Anyway, the funny part of the story is as follows:

Scott said, "We could get Toby to go poop on their grass."
I was like, "How does that help our situation?"
He said "Well, since they poop their cars on our spots, we'll get Toby to poop on theirs."

Subtle. I like it, but would Mr. Rogers approve? Most likely not. But he must have had a pesky neighbor somewhere along the way. I need to brush up on my Mr. Rogers to see how he dealt with this situation in the Neighborhood of Make-Believe.

Do any of you have tips on how to deal with inconsiderate nincompoops (aka neighbors)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS