Thursday, October 25, 2012

four generations

Do you have a flour sifter? Well, I didn't for over two years of my married life. It made things difficult when I was baking but I made due. One day I was in Target and there was a flour sifter! So I scooped it up and put it in my basket. (Probably along side some other random items. That seems to always happen when I go to Target. It  looks like a schizophrenic was wondering the aisles!) I got home and I was so excited. The next time I baked something, I whipped that sucker out. I put the flour in and soon realized that I would be sifting flour for the next two weeks. IT TOOK FOREVER! I decided it was better for dusting sugar on a cake then for sifting 4 cups of flour. So my search for a flour sifter continued, and you know what? A good sifter is hard to find my friends! I told my mother my dilemma and she said that I could have the one she uses because Mema (my grandmother) was giving my mom a much larger sifter that Mema doesn't use anymore. Hallelujah, my search was over!  So on my birthday last week, my mom gave me the flour sifter. The cool thing about it is, the sifter was my great-grandmother's, Claudia Elizabeth, whom my mom and I are named after (The middle name that is). I'm almost positive, Mema used the sifter as well. It's pretty cool to think that four generations have used this mundane kitchen utensil. Well, I say "have used" it but I haven't actually made anything with it yet. Don't worry I will!  I love the design on the sifter. It's so happy with the yellow and green flowers!




Do you have something that has been passed down through your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS