Sunday, October 14, 2012

i mustache you

Scott turned 27 almost two month ago. (I'm a little behind) He is one year closer to the big 3-0! Anywho, I decided to throw him a party this year. I had tried to include him in planning a get together for his birthday in the past and they NEVER came to fruition! I totally blame it on him and his modesty. He didn't want to be the center of attention. This year I took matters into my own hands. Mwahahahahaha! I took Scott out of the equation. His party would be a surprise! I mean who doesn't like a surprise party? Probably Scott but too bad.

My next step, after deciding to exclude him from the planning, was what kind of party should I throw. Scott is a kid a heart so a themed party was a must. I thought about a western theme for awhile and then it hit me. A MUSTACHE PARTY! Scott loves facial hair, especially mustaches. If I let him he would sport a stache at all times. I knew it was perfect for him. Thankfully, everyone and their brother loves mustaches and mustache parties so there were lots of resources. Pinterest was my friend to say the least. I got a lot of ideas from The Story of Pat and Lindsay.

A few things we did at Scott's party
  • Everyone wore a stick on mustache - I got them from this site. (I was totally freaked out about ordering them from China. I know, I know, everything comes from there but i don't generally give them my credit card info. The above blog I linked ordered them from the same place so that made me feel better.)
  • I had a game called "Name that 'Stache"  I downloaded the pdf from the blog above. I didn't think to buy a prize which was a fail. Sorry friends!
  • I got Scott's mom to find me pictures of him through the years. I scanned them onto my computer and added mustaches to the pictures with Microsoft paint. (Thank goodness for Google!) I bought frames from the dollar store and spray painted them. I put them on the tables and I hung the extra with clothes pins on string. 
  • We ate pulled pork bbq with cole slaw, potato salad, salad, and chips. 
  • We had carrot cake for birthday cake, chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese icing, and sugar cookies with icing. 
It was a blast celebrating my hubby's birthday. Everyone looked hilarious with their mustaches on and it was fun just hanging out. Check out some pictures below courtesy of my friend, Whitney! 

It's not a party without Diet Coke. 
Yes. I cut all those staches out. 
Mason jars for cups!
Scott's favorite - carrot cake!

I used vases from our wedding and roses on clearance from Kroger. (Yes you can tell they were a few days old but it was WAY cheaper) 
Along with Diet Coke we had water and sweet tea! 
Some more birthday decorations....My friend, Sarah, and I made these. 
My Microsoft Paint skills
Got him! 
Surprise Birthday Party hugs
Our lovely friends and family! 

Thank you so much to Hudson and Whitney for hosting the party at their house and taking pictures, to my friend, Sarah, for helping me get everything together at the last minute, my mom and dad for making the food,  my mother in law, Judi, and sister in law, Whitney, for helping me setup, and for all our awesome friends and family for coming! You guys rock.



Photo credit: Whitney McGinnis 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS